January 24, 2013 by dgarnett2013
Prawn Korma. Recipe from Sarah Raven’s Food for Friends and Family.
- 2 tablespoons olive or groundnut oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder or flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 x 400ml tin of coconut milk
- 400g raw peeled Atlantic prawns
- 1 tablespoon honey or soft light brown sugar
- Salt and black pepper
- Small bunch of fresh coriander, to serve
Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok and cook the onion and garlic gently for 3 – 4 minutes.
Stir in the spices, then add the coconut milk, bring to the boil and simmer for a further 3 – 4 minutes.
Add the prawns, desiccated coconut and honey and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
Taste and add salt and pepper if necessary. Snip the fresh coriander over the top as you serve.
The prawn korma in the photograph was made while someone was sleeping.