February 2, 2013 by dgarnett2013
Green Papaya and Mango Salad – Thai Masterclass with Jennifer Joyce
- 2 green papaya shredded and cut julienne
- 1 firm mango, peeled and sliced into thin julienne
- 8 spring onions finely sliced
- I large handful Thai Basil leaves (normal will do if no Thai available)
- I large handful mint leaves
- I large handful coriander leaves
Place ingredients in a bowl and add dressing. Salad can be dressed 1 hour before serving.
Lime Chili Dressing:
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 –1 medium red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 5-6 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 cup lime juice
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
Crush the sugar, chilli, and garlic in a mortar and pestle until it becomes a paste.
Add the lime juice and fish sauce and mix well.
Eaten at Hanham, during snowdrop season.