February 17, 2013 by dgarnett2013
Sour Cream Cinnamon Cake. From Recipes from Home. (Recipe File).
Try making ¾ of amounts for smaller square tin.
- 3 (2 & ¼) cup White Flour
- 2 (1 ½) teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 (¾) teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ (pinch) teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ (pinch) teaspoon salt
- 1 (¾)- firmly packed cup dark brown sugar
- 2 (1 ½) teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ (½) cup Chopped Walnuts
- 340 (255) gram unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ (scant 1) cups sugar
- 1 (¾) teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large (2) Eggs
- 1 ½ (1) cup sour cream
Preheat oven to 160 C/ 325 F.
Butter and Flour a 12 x 9 x2 inch baking pan.
Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt into a medium bowl.
In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts.
In a large bowl of electric mixer, beat butter and white sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla.
Add the eggs, one at a time, beating between each one.
Beat in sour cream.
Fold in Flour mixture till just combined.
Spoon half the batter onto prepared tin and sprinkle half of the nut mixture on top. Repeat this step with remaining batter and nut mixture.
Bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Eaten on what felt like the first day of Spring…