March 14, 2013 by dgarnett2013
Asian Carrot Salad with mint and roasted peanuts: Food 52
Serves 2 – 4
- 500g of carrots w/ fresh green tops
- 1cup shredded Savoy cabbage (optional)
- 4 green onions, white and light green parts thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, shredded
- 1/4 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts; chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanut oil
- 1tablespoon fish sauce
- 1tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1-2 teaspoon Asian chili garlic sauce, to taste
- 1teaspoon peeled, grated fresh ginger
- 1crushed, chopped garlic clove
Trim off the carrot tops; peel and cut carrots into thin ribbons or matchsticks using a knife, mandoline or vegetable peeler.
Toss the carrots with the cabbage, green onions, mint and peanuts in a large bowl.
To make dressing, whisk the lime juice, peanut oil, fish sauce, sugar, chili sauce, ginger and garlic in a small bowl until blended and sugar is dissolved.
Pour the dressing over the carrot mixture and gently toss to coat.