June 10, 2013 by dgarnett2013
Celeriac and Mustard Salad: Rick Stein’s Food Heroes
- 1 tab sunflower oil
- 1 tab yellow mustard seeds
- 2 tabs Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 50g mayonnaise
- 4 tabs soured cream or creme fraiche
- 1 large celeriac, weighing about 750g
- 100g cornichons, cut into long, thin matchsticks
- 1 tab chopped flatleaf parsley
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a small frying pan, add the mustard seeds and cover with a lid. Cook until they begin to pop, then take off the heat and as soon as the popping has subsided, uncover and pour the oil and all the seeds into a small bowl.
Stir in the mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, mayonnaise, soured cream and some seasoning to taste.
Peel the celeriac and grate it into long, thin shreds using a mandolin or food processor. You want to be left with about 350g.
Stir into the dressing with the gherkins and parsley.
No more forget-me-knots. Anthriscus Ravenswing at the height of its beauty.