December 7, 2013 by dgarnett2013
Thai steak & noodle salad: DG
- Rump steak or whatever cut you prefer
- leafy dark greens, eg baby spinach, mizuna, rocket
- a handful of fresh mint leaves and a few sprigs of coriander, torn up if large
- Soba noodles – one bundle per person.
- Other veg, as you have or like. Good options include carrots, julienned or cut into v. slim matchsticks (better than grated), steamed sugar snaps, mangetout, pak choi or other Chinese greens, steamed broccoli florets.
Dressing: Jamie Oliver’s Return of the Naked Chef
- 4 tabs fresh lime juice
- 3 tabs olive oil
- 1 tab sesame seed oil
- 1 tab soy sauce
- a good pinch of brown or palm sugar
- 1 tab fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 clove of garlic, finely sliced
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 large handful of fresh coriander and basil, chopped
Cook the soba noodles according to the instructions on the packet. Rinse in cold water.
Grill steak so it is rare or medium rare, depending on your liking. Leave it to rest and then cut it across the grain in thin slices.
If veg are steamed or cooked, make sure they are not overdone and once cooked plunge them into iced water.
Arrange salad and mint leaves in a large, wide bowl.
Add the other vegetables if using, the noodles and steak.
Made the day of Annabelle’s party.