December 24, 2013 by dgarnett2013
Salsa Verde Mayonnaise: A Love for Food by Daylesford
Great with slow cooked lamb shoulder.
- 40g fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 20g fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 30g rocket leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 tabs capers
- 4 heaped tsps Dijon mustard
- 160ml olive oil
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 160ml mayonnaise
Mix all the ingredients apart from the mayonnaise in a bowl and leave to stand for 10 mins to allow the flavours to infuse into one another.
Blend to a coarse paste (or do this with a pestle and mortar).
Put the mayonnaise into another bowl and slowly whisk in the blended herb mixture, a little at a time. Do this slowly, to avoid the mayonnaise separating. Chill in the fridge until needed.
This will keep for up to a week in the fridge.
Eaten on Christmas Eve with slow cooked lamb.