April 13, 2014 by dgarnett2013
Spring couscous: A Change of Appetite by Diana Henry
Great with butterflied leg of lamb
- 20g dried sour cherries
- 200g couscous
- 200ml boiling chicken stock or water
- 2 tabs olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- juice of ½ lemon and finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tabs extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tabs each chopped flat-leaf parsley and mint leaves
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 25g pistachios, chopped
- handful of pea shoots, mache or other small salad leaves
Pour boiling water over the cherries and leave them to plump up for 30 mins.
Sprinkle the couscous into a bowl, pour over the stock or water and the olive oil. Leave for 15 mins. Fork it through to separate the grains, then add the garlic, lemon juice and zest, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir in the herbs, spring onions, pistachios, pea shoots and drained cherries (cut up a bit).
Eaten with spring lamb on a spring day with spring tulips outside the kitchen.