June 18, 2014 by dgarnett2013
White anchovy, fennel & celery salad: Holiday by Bill Granger
Serves 2 – 4
- 2 small cos or romaine lettuces, leaves separated
- 1 small fennel bulb, halved and v. finely slices
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- a handful of leaves from the celery heart
- 2 tabs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tab lemon juice
- 12 white anchovies
- freshly ground black pepper
Toss together the lettuce, fennel, celery and celery leaves in a large bowl.
Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice.
Add the dressing to the salad and gently toss to coat all the leaves. Pile the salad onto a serving platter and garnish with white anchovies. Season with black pepper.