November 2, 2014 by dgarnett2013
Lamb & aubergine stew: Honey & Co by Sarit Packer & Itamar Srulovich
- 450g lamb neck, cut into large dice
- ½ tsp slat
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tab olive oil
- 1 aubergine, cut into large cubes (about 350g)
- 1 large tomato, cut into large cubes (about 120g)
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cut into wedges (about 100g)
- 6 whole cloves of garlic, peeled
- ¼ – ½ small red chilli, thinly sliced
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 150ml water
- 1 tab pomegranate molasses
Season the lamb cubes with the salt and pepper.
Heat a large pan over a medium-high heat, add the olive oil and diced lamb, and sear the meat all over.
Once it has browned (after about 5 – 6 mins), add the aubergine, tomato, onion and garlic.
Cover the pan and leave to steam for 5 mins, then remove the lid, mix everything around and add the chilli and thyme.
Reduce the what to low and cook slowly for about 15 mins before pouring in the water and pomegranate molasses.
Continue cooking on a low heat for 50-60 mins until all the vegetables have broken down and the meat is so soft you can tear it apart with your fork.
Eaten on a beautiful early November Autumn day.