August 31, 2015 by dgarnett2013
Strawberry, coconut and cardamom smoothie: A Modern Way to Cook by Anna Jones
- Makes 1 large or 2 smaller breakfast glasses
- 4 tabs desiccated coconut
- A handful of strawberries or frozen berries
- 200ml drinking coconut milk (from a carton, NOT a tin) or almond milk or coconut water
- a small handful of almonds
- the seeds from 1 cardamom pod (optional) or a pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp light agave syrup or runny honey
Put all the ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth and frothy. Blend for a long time if blender is not ultra powerful.
If it looks too thick, add a little ice-cold water bit by bit till you have the consistency you like.
Late August at Great Dixter.