November 28, 2015 by dgarnett2013
Pork with Lentils and mustard: Source unknown; recipe file.
OR serve these lentils with lemony grilled pork chops.
- 2 pork fillets, about 875g together, trimmed of fat
- a bunch of sage
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and cut into slivers
- 1 lemon, from which small pieces of rind are cut
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tab olive oil
- 8 slices streaky bacon, rind removed
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 250g Puy lentils
- 100ml white wine
- 100ml creme fraiche or double cream
- 1 tab Dijon mustard
Heat the oven to 180℃.
Make slits in the pork with a small sharp knife and insert sage elves, garlic slivers and pieces of lemon rind, then rub with with seasoning.
Oil a baking tray with olive oil. Wrap the bacon around the pork. Place the bacon-wrapped fillets on the tray and cook for 35 minutes.
Put the chicken stock and lentils in a large saucepan and simmer gently for 30 minus, until the stock is absorbed.
In another pan, combine the white wine, cream, mustard and seasoning and heat through gently.
Slice the pork and serve with the lentils and mustard sauce.
Eaten the day we met Michael in the park.