June 9, 2016 by dgarnett2013
Broad beans, mozzarella & marjoram: Nina Capri by Nina Parker
- 200g cooked broad beans
- 2 tabs chopped mint
- 2 tabs chopped marjoram
- 3 tabs extra virgin olive oil plus extra to drizzle
- 2 tsp pomegranate molasses (or less; use sparingly)
- finely grated zest and juice of ½ unwaxed lemon
- 1 buffalo mozzarella ball (about 250g)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a bowl, place the broad beans and use a fork to roughly mash them, leaving some whole.
Add the remaining ingredients except the mozzarella and toss together. Taste to check the seasoning, divide the mixture between 2 plates and tear the mozzarella over the top.
Drizzle with more olive oil, bring some pepper and serve.
Eaten with the first broad beans from the allotment (and my neighbour’s plot)