August 31, 2016 by dgarnett2013
Roast trout with fennel & lemon: A Year at Otter Farm by Mark Diacono
- 2 medium trout, gutted and cleaned
- 1 unwaxed lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- A good splash of olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Preheat the oven to 200℃.
Lay the trout in a roasting tin. Fill the cavity of each fish with 3 lemon edges, a bay leaf and some onion and fennel slices.
Season well with salt and pepper. Any remaining onion and fennel can be scattered around.
Splash with olive oil and bake for 30 mins.
Serve with the remaining lemon wedges.
Made the day Rose got her first leotard.