February 1, 2017 by dgarnett2013
Celeriac Soup: You’re All Invited by Margot Henderson
Serves 6 – 8
- 4 tabs olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 stick of celery, sliced
- 2 leeks, white only, sliced
- 2 heads of celeriac, about 1.5kg altogether
- 200ml (or less) single cream
- 1.25 ham or chicken stock
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
✷Heat the oil in a pan and add the onions, garlic, celery and leeks.
Cook slowly – don’t let them brown – for about 15 mins, until tender.
Meanwhile, peel the celeriac and cut it into even hunks.
Add it to the pan and cook very gently for a further 15 mins. Once the vegetables have softened, add just enough stock to cover the vegetables and cook for a further 30 mins or so, until all the vegetables are cooked. Stir occasionally.
Once cooked, whiz the soup in a food processor or liquidiser or use a stick blender in the pan.
Add a little cream and more stock if necessary.
Season well, and serve
Made the day Ottie came for a playdate