February 4, 2017 by dgarnett2013
Sprout salad wit peanuts and sesame: Gatherings by Flora Shedden
- ¼ white/ red/ Savoy cabbage (or mixture), finely shredded into long, thin ribbons
- Handful of flat leaf parsley or rocket, finely chopped
- 250g mixed sprouts
- 150g roasted peanuts
- 4 tabs olive oil
- 1 tsp agave nectar or runny honey
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tab white wine vinegar
- 30g pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 30g pine nuts, tosated
- 20g black or white sesame seeds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing, in a small bowl whisk the oil, agave, lemon juice and vinegar together. Season.
Put all the salad ingredients into a large bowl.
Add the toasted pumpkin seeds and pine nuts to the dressing along with the sesame seeds.
Toss the salad with the seedy dressing and allow the dressed salad to sit for 5 mins before serving.