July 14, 2017 by dgarnett2013
Roast Cauliflower salad with chickpeas & tahini: Dinner, Changing the Game by Melissa Clark
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cored and cut into florest
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1¼ tsp flaky salt, plus more if needed
- 1 can of chickpeas or 400g cooked chickpeas
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tab fresh orange juice
- 1 tab tahini
- ¾ tsp rice vinegar
- ½ tsp honey
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 garlic clove, grated on microplane
- ¼ tsp ground sumac
- ¼ (or less) tsp Aleppo pepper/ chilli flakes
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
- Toasted sesame seeds
- ½ tsp finely grated orange zest
Heat the oven to 220℃.
In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower with ¼ cup of the olive oil, 1 tsp of the salt and black pepper to taste.
Arrange on 1 or 2 roasting trays and roast, tossing occasionally, until it is well browned and tender, 35 – 45 mins.
Let it cool until it is just warm or room temp.
To make the dressing: In a blender, combine 2 tabs of the chickpeas with the lemon juice, orange juice, tahini, rice vinegar, honey, ¼ salt, ¼ cup of the parsley, ¼ cup of the mint, garlic, sumac and aleppo pepper. Puree until smooth. Drizzle in ½ cup of olive oil and blend again.
In a large bowl, combine the roasted cauliflower, watercress, remaining chickpeas and remaining parsley and mint.
Toss with enough dressing to evenly coat the salad.
Season to taste.
Serve garnished with sesame seeds, orange zest and avocado if using.
Eaten the day Charlie and Rosie made their fairy house.