July 16, 2017 by dgarnett2013
Green & Wax Beans with olive, tomatoes and mozzarella: Dinner, Changing the Game by Melissa Clark
Serves 4- 6
- 500g fresh green beans, trimmed
- 500g fresh wax beans, trimmed (or whatever combo you’ve got)
- 2 tabs extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 4 – 6 anchovy fillets
- ⅓ cup slices Kalamata or other good olives
- ½ tsp flaky sea salt
- Large pinch of red chilli flakes
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella or burrata or bocconcini
- 1 tab red wine vinegar
- Torn fresh basil leaves
- Fresh black pepper
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
Bring a large pot of water to the boil and blanch the beans for 1 minutes.
Place a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the olive oil and heat it until it is shimmering.
Add the garlic and anchovies and sauté until the garlic turns golden brown around the edges, 1 to 2 mins.
Add the olives, the ½ tsp salt and the chilli flakes and sauté for another minute.
Add the blanched beans and cherry tomatoes. Cook until the beans are crisp-tender and the tomatoes are starting to break down, about 5 mins. Turn off the heat.
Add the vinegar and stir well, taste and add more seasoning as necessary.
Put beans onto serving plate, add pine nuts, black pepper and torn basil.
Add the mozzarella, burrata and a drizzle of oil and more pepper if needed.
Made the day of the Lambeth Country Show, which we went to with Riley, Hope, Pog, Rory, Larissa, Isabella and Hal.